Happy Noumenia, and Treasury New Year!
I’ve already posted this to the FB page, Sisters, but when I did, I forgot to put it here for everyone who isn’t on FB. Whoops.
So this is basically a list of our calendar festivals. I prefer to present dates in calendar format, but I’m really just too tired and it’s too tedious for me to whip up a full calendar each month, at least for now. So, mark down the festivals that appeal to you on your own calendars, and all will be well. If anything needs to be added or corrected, let me know.
As always, all celebrations are optional, with the goal being that we each celebrate the festivals which call to us, or those that we find most meaningful.
Also, today (Dec. 12, 2015) is the first day of Treasury Month Perihelios (I). Happy Noumenia, and Happy New Year.
Sisters and associates, below are the calendar dates for the upcoming year’s major Treasury festivals. Underlined are the names of each Treasury Month followed by its corresponding number in parentheses. Next, are that month’s Noumenia and Deipnon dates, according to the Julian calendar. Bullet points are for the major festivals celebrated in a particular month, followed by its day within that month. As always, all celebrations are optional, though encouraged. This information may be updated at any time.
Perihelios (I) – Dec. 12-Jan. 10
Prostaterias (II) – Jan. 11-Feb. 8
- Prostateria [7th]
Daphneion (III) – Feb. 9-Mar. 9
- Stepteria: Crowning and Purification of Apollon after defeating Delphyne [7th]
- Daphnaea: Consummation of Daphne and Purification of Priestesses [20th]
- Ktistêsia: Founding Anniversary and Purification of Altars [28th]
- Daphnephoria: Parade of the Purified Apollon [29th]
Theoxenion (IV) – Mar. 10-Apr. 7
- Theoxenia: Arrival of Apollon [Noumenia]
- Sminthia [Vernal Equinox]
Pytheion (V) – Apr. 8-May 6
Batrachion (VI) – May 7-Jun. 5
- Batrachia: Festival of Frogs [7th]
- Anointing of Apollon at Xanthos [9th]
- Hyakinthia [Full Moon]
Pyrophorion (VII) – Jun. 6-Jul. 4
- Pyrophoria [Summer Solstice]
- Lykaea [20th]
- Aphelion [Deipnon]
Karneion (VIII) – Jul. 5-Aug. 2
- Metageitnia [7th]
- Karneia [Full Moon]
Agetoreios (IX) – Aug. 3-Sep. 1
- Boedromia [7th]
Lykeion (X) – Sep. 2-Oct. 1
- Departure of Apollon [Autumnal Equinox]
Aegletion (XI) – Oct. 2-Oct. 30
- The Aegletia: Nine Illuminations [From Deipnon of Lykeion to Aegletion 8]
- Pyanepsia: Thanksgiving to the Departed King [7th, if not celebrating the Aegletia]
Telchinion (XII) – Oct. 31-Nov. 29
- There are no major festivals within this month
Hyperboraios (XIII) – Nov. 30-Dec. 29
- Hyperboralia: Festival of Lights [7th]